The Mount Washington Bucket List?
Not sure what to do during your visit to Mount Washington Alpine Resort this summer? Here are 10 “Must Do’s” to get you started.
1) Take a chairlift ride to the top of Mount Washington and enjoy a 360-degree view of Vancouver Island, from the Strait of Georgia to the Vancouver Island and Beaufort Mountain ranges. Hike or bike your way back down to the Alpine Lodge for lunch.
2) Rent a bike and explore the many mountain bike trails.
3) Indulge in a family alpine action pack, which includes disc golf, the Bungy Trampoline, mini-putt and a chairlift ride.
4) Put on your walking shoes and take a hike. New hiking trails will open this summer at the Resort, and a wheelchair accessible boardwalk at the trailhead to Paradise Meadows offers stunning views within sight of Raven Lodge.
5) Reach for your inner artist: bring a sketchbook or watercolour set, find a peaceful place to sit and draw or paint “en plein air” (outside).
6) Experience one of the Resort’s many summer festivals: beer, wine, music or food.
7) Try rock climbing in Strathcona Park, near Mount Albert Edward. Inquire at the sporting goods stores in nearby Courtenay or Campbell River.
8) Take a guided alpine tour. You’ll learn more about the alpine flora or fauna.
9) Go geo-caching in and around the Resort. Check out the B.C. Geocaching Association at www.bcgeocaching.com.
10) Try your hand at fly-fishing in one of the many alpine lakes.