Island Adventure List
Make Mount Washington Alpine Resort your home base for a week or a weekend and:
1) HIKE Strathcona Park
2) DIVE off Campbell River or the Comox Valley
3) GOLF within half an hour of the alpine vistas
4) PADDLE a kayak on a freshwater river or saltwater estuary.
5) BUY FRESH at the Saturday Farmer’s Market in Courtenay.
6) INDULGE in a spa day.
7) FISH for salmon on the ocean or trout on a river.
8) DISCOVER tidal pools in the nearest oceanside beach.
9) WATCH whales in their natural habitat.
10) PHOTOGRAPH grizzly bears from the safety of a boat.
11) DANCE like no one’s watching at Vancouver Island MusicFest or The Big Day Up.
12) FLY in a helicopter or four-seater Cessna from Courtenay Airpark
13) BARBECUE at the beach.
14) BUILD a sandcastle.
15) SPELUNK in Horne Lake Caves.
16) CANOE in any of the alpine lakes.
17) STROLL along the Riverfront Walkway in Courtenay.
18) EAT ice cream at the Discovery Pier in Campbell River.
19) TAKE A DRIVE on the Comox Valley Heritage Experience Tour www.discovercomoxvalley.com for a map.
20) SHOP downtown Courtenay, Comox or Cumberland.
21) DINE at any of the cosmopolitan cafés, restaurants and bistros available less than an hour’s drive away.
22) EDUCATE yourself in First Nations culture at a longhouse.
23) FIND the latest geocaching swag.
24) TRY YOUR LUCK at Chances Courtenay and Chances Campbell River gaming centres.
25) HOLD ON during a Zodiac eco-tour.
26) GET CULTURED at an art gallery.
27) READ a book on a park bench.
28) RAISE A GLASS of award-winning wine at Beaufort Winery.
29) CYCLE the scenic Comox Valley.
30) SUMMIT a mountain with a chairlift ride at Mount Washington.